Friday, January 29, 2010

Bugless Beast [800MHz & Wifi] V0.7.1 by Pete and [Themed ROM] Smoked Glass TURBO w/ White Clock

I have tried out these two ROMS, and I have to say I am more impressed with the Smoked Glass. I tried the Bugless Beast, and was hit with multiple force closes, one after another with the 2.1 launcher. After that, I decided to wipe the phone and completely reloaded it. The same issues were present. Since it is still a low build, I will give Pete some time to work on it more before I test it again.

Now onto one that instantly became one of my favorites. Smoked Glass themed ROM, built by ADAMz. The only issue I found was the battery taking a beating when being overclocked. The only reason I am mentioning that is because it is added into the ROM, even though the phone itself is overclocked and in need of more battery power. His post will also include links to either downgrade it to 600MHz, or up to upgrading it to 900MHz-1GHz, but the links aren’t up yet. Some things that separate this from the other 2 ROMs is the 2.1 launcher is themed, as in the title, and includes a keyboard where you don’t have to “type”, and also includes the Nexus One boot animation. The clock has been reverted back to the 2.0.1 version, while it doesn’t have the weather and other features 2.1 has, you can easily access your clock and alarm by tapping the clock on Weather Widgets, Beautiful Widgets, or whatever one you use. Check the link for photos of the theme, Like the others, it also has the 2.1 music player, image gallery, Multi-Touch Milestone browser. He also has slightly modded the video recorder, which I haven’t tested. Out of this, Sholes.info, and Bugless Beast, I would have to recommend this ROM. Check out the links, check them all out, and see what the both have to offer.

[Via http://mechtapir.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment